Call for applicants : J-7, deadline 27/07/2018
The Cancéropôle GSO is pleased to announce the 6th edition of its coaching workshop for young researchers, to be held the 6-7 December 2018 in Montauban. This 2-day scientific event will involve presentation and discussion of recent findings and future projects in the scope of Signaling in Cancer. The format of the meeting (focused scientific research themes, fewer than 30 participants and full board pension) is designed to foster exchanges and communication between junior and senior scientists and strengthen research networks between the Great Southwest (GSO) labs.
See the workshop announcement
The main objective is to allow young scientists to improve their scientific and career projects and enhance the quality of their publications.
Selected candidates will receive feedback from the following renowned experts in the field:
- Julie Dechanet-Merville, Director of the Research lab ImmunoConcept and group leader
« Gamma-delta T cell response to tumors and to infections » team, Bordeaux
- Alain Eychène, ITMO Cancer Deputy Director and group leader
« Raf and Maf Signaling in Oncogenesis and Development » team at Curie Institute, Paris
- Josep V. Forment, Team Leader at AstraZeneca, Cambridge.
- Training sessions on scientific articles writing will be provided by Julian Venables (Science Sense)..............
These experts will also give talks on lessons from their own careers.
Abstracts related to Canceropôle GSO Axis 1 themes are welcome including (but not limited to): signaling pathways, tumor microenvironment and stem cells, tumor escape and resistance, tumor dissemination, post-transcriptional or post-translational regulation, tumor metabolism, therapeutic targeting.
- Around 10 post-docs and young scientists (CR and MdC) will be selected for the coaching of their projects and careers.
- Additional young researchers, affiliated to the teams of the selected candidates, may be invited to attend the workshop and benefit from such a unique experience.
- Respect of the scientific scope of the call,
- Scientific quality of the candidate’s project(s),
- Candidates' resume.
The workshop is organized by Axis 1 steering committee members, who will also be present at the workshop:
- Julie Pannequin, Institute for Functional Genomics, Montpellier,
- Sébastien Britton, Institute of Pharmacology and Structural Biology, Toulouse,
- Nicolas Larmonier, ImmunoConcept Lab, Bordeaux.
Contact: Karine Marendziak