Call for applicants : deadline 27/07/2018
The Cancéropôle GSO is pleased to announce the 6th edition of its coaching workshop for young researchers, to be held the 6-7 December 2018 in Montauban.
This 2-day scientific event will involve presentation and discussion of recent findings and future projects in the scope of Signaling in Cancer. The format of the meeting (focused scientific research themes, fewer than 30 participants and full board pension) is designed to foster exchanges and communication between junior and senior scientists and strengthen research networks between the Great Southwest (GSO) labs.
See the workshop announcement
The main objective of this workshop is to allow young scientists to improve their scientific and career projects and enhance the quality of their publications.
Selected candidates will receive feedback from the following renowned experts in the field:
- Julie Dechanet-Merville, Director of the Research lab ImmunoConcept and group leader
« Gamma-delta T cell response to tumors and to infections » team, Bordeaux
- Alain Eychène, ITMO Cancer Deputy Director and group leader
« Raf and Maf Signaling in Oncogenesis and Development » team at Curie Institute, Paris
- Josep V. Forment, Team Leader at AstraZeneca, Cambridge.
- Training sessions on scientific articles writing will be provided by Julian Venables (Science Sense)..............
These experts will also give talks on lessons from their own careers.
- Around 10 post-docs and young scientists (CR and MdC) will be selected for the coaching of their projects and careers.
- Additional young researchers, affiliated to the teams of the selected candidates, may be invited to attend the workshop and benefit from such a unique experience.
- Respect of the scientific scope of the call, ie « Signaling in Cancer »,
- Scientific quality of the candidate’s project(s),
- Candidates' resume.
Deadline to submit application : July 27th, 2018