Call for applicants : deadline 08/09/2017
The Cancéropôle GSO is pleased to announce the 5th edition of its coaching workshop for young researchers, to be held the 11-12 December 2017 in Montauban.
This 2-day scientific event will involve presentation and discussion of recent findings and future projects in the scope of Genome Dynamics and Cancer. The format of the meeting (focused scientific research themes, fewer than 40 participants and full board pension) is designed to foster exchanges and communication between junior and senior scientists and strengthen research networks between the Great Southwest labs.
Selected young researchers will have the opportunity to enhance the quality of their ongoing projects and future publications by receiving feedback from the following renowned experts in the field:
- Marc Petronczki, Director, New Therapeutic Concept Discovery, Boehringer Ingelheim, Vienna
- Matthieu Piel, team leader, Institut Curie research Centre, Paris
- Evi Soutoglou, team leader, Institute of Genetics and Molecular and Cellular Biology, Illkirch
- A training session on publication strategies will be provided by Fiona Watt, eLife deputy editor..............
These experts will also give talks on lessons from their own careers.
- Around 10 post-docs and young scientists (CR and MdC) will be selected for the coaching of their projects.
- Additional young researchers, affiliated to the teams of the selected candidates, may be invited to attend the workshop and benefit from such a unique experience.
Participants selection will be made upon the scientific quality of projects and candidates' resume.
Work in the field of genome dynamics related to cancer, possibly including innovative therapeutic approaches.
Keywords: Chromatin dynamics / epigenetics, cell cycle and genomic instability (DNA replication stress, repair and recombination, mitotic chromosome segregation errors), RNA metabolism and transcription.
Deadline to submit application : September 8th, 2017